Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bible Study

I am currently studying the Bible using Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods: Twelve Ways You Can Unlock God's Word. I would definitely recommend the book. I was thinking about how much time I typically spend being "conformed to the world" (at my secular workplace, watching TV for hours) versus how much time I spend "renewing my mind." How do I expect to live a Godly, sanctified life? I can easily spend so much time feeding the flesh but it takes work to purposely nurture the spirit. I read my Bible daily. I figured that was enough. But when I calculated the amount of time I spend in the Word versus the amount of time I spend in the world, my time in the Word falls short. Believers must spend serious time studying the Bible, in addition to devotional time.

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Lean Not said...

Hi, Jessica! I like your blog.

How true. It is so easy to get caught up in what we are doing; we forget for Whom we are doing it. "Martha, Martha."
--Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home