Saturday, September 30, 2006

Marty Goetz


Last night I had the opportunity to hear Marty Goetz sing. He is a Messianic singer and his songs are incredibly beautiful! Check out his web site!

One of the songs that he has written is called "For Zion's Sake" and it is one of my favorites! He sang it last night. It says,

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem," Hear Yeshua cry,
"How I long to gather you to me!"
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Messiah wept for you.
So should we not be weeping too?

For Zion's sake, I will not be silent.
For Zion's sake, I'll not hold my peace.
For Zion's sake, for Yerushalaim,
I will not rest, I will not rest.

I've set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem,
Who will never hold their peace.
Day or night, all you who call upon the Lord,
Call upon the Lord for Zion's sake....

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Judah Gabriel Himango said...

Marty is a true Psalmist. I had the pleasure of hearing him several times while living down in Nashville. His music is peace-bringing, true psalming. My favorite of his is Psalm 23, he puts it to music wonderfully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home